I suppose it's worth beginning this blog with an introduction. First, a few words about me: I'm a teenage player who would like to think he's still improving, and presently graded 129 by the English Chess Federation (ECF), which, for any readers outside the UK, is slightly lower than my 1771 FIDE rating would suggest. This is me, and so is this. I play team chess for Castles and Wallington chess clubs, plus my school, and play in tournaments (rapid-play and slow-play) with some regularity - it is from here that the games I'm going to show will come.
As for the question of why I started a blog, I suppose I am most inspired by the innumerable YouTube videos produced by my good school-friend Peter Lalic (I told him I'd get the plug in early!) - a considerably stronger player than I am, but sadly, he's very rarely willing to show his losses, which are usually the most instructive games one plays. Besides, my play is undoubtedly weaker but I like to think that it is at least as interesting. I seem to end up in super-complicated positions more often than I would like, and at my level that means that a steady supply of cringe-worthy blunders is an inevitable consequence - and as I learnt in my Drama GCSE, it is the acts of unbelievable stupidity than we enjoy the most. I have been known to win games too though, so if you live for tactical "cheapos" I suggest you start there!
To conclude this first post, my planned format is quite simple - I hope to present an annotated version of most official over-the-board games that I play - win, draw or loss - together with a game viewer, and my synoptic comments. Feel free to leave your own. I shall start with round one of the excellent e2e4 Gatwick International Major tournament I played last week, which appropriately enough was a loss...
No comments:
Post a Comment