For round 2, I played a 159, who I also faced in the previous Richmond Rapidplay, contriving to draw a winning ending in time trouble. In this game too, my opponent was able to easily outplay me in that part of the game, which perhaps calls into question my willingness to trade all the pieces off, even if it did land me an equal position with black. Once the Queens came off, I defeated myself most efficiently:
A rather disappointing loss, as I was never worse until just before I carlessly gave up my e-pawn. It is very worrying that strange blunders like that have begun to crop up regularly in my play of late, both before and after this game. My path to wins and draws has been reduced to trying to space a whole game between them. On the bright side, the opening was a clear success against a stronger player, although this was largely down to his lack of ambition.
No comments:
Post a Comment